There are many great ways to keep fit. One need not spend a lot of money on gym memberships and exercise equipment. Who wants to exercise indoors when you can exercise outdoors and admire the beauty of nature at the same time? Exercising outdoors is much more fun and fulfilling.
One of the great ways to keep fit and spend a little money at the same time is to go road biking. Bikes today have become very affordable. They come in various designs, color and sizes. If you are looking for a great bike, look no further than the top ten best road bikes. We hope this article has helped you make a decision on which bike to buy.
Takara Kabuto Single Speed Road Bike
- Steel frame
- Horizontal drop out
- Alloy rims
- Alloy side brakes
Pros of the Takara Kabuto Road Bike
- Durable. Takara Kabuto road bike is made of handcrafted steel frame. The horizontal dropouts add more strength and durability to the bike. It will not fall apart easily like other brands which are made of materials with lesser strength. The superior frame can take on potholes and other road imperfections easily.
- Lightweight. Unlike other road bikes, the Takara bike is lightweight and just under 30 pounds. It is the ideal bikes to be taken to long distances. The bike will not tax your body as much as heavier bikes sold today.
- Versatile. Able to accommodate even riders who are over 6 feet tall with a remaining standover clearance of 31 inches.
- Affordable. At only a little over $200, it is considerably cheaper than other road bikes sold today.
- Difficult to assemble. People who have bought the Takara Kabuto single speed road bike have nothing but good things to say about it. The only thing consumers complained about is the fact that it is quite difficult to put together.
Vilano Fixed Gear Bike Fixie Single Speed Road Bike
- Frame: 700c Fixed Gear
- Fork: 700c 1 1/8″ Threadless
- Rear Hub: Flip-Flop (Fixed Cog / Freewheel)
- Tires: 700c x 23c
- Free Pedals
Pros of the Vilano Fixed Gear Bike Fixie Road Bike
- Lightweight. The bike weighs an impressive 24 lbs, lighter than most bikes you see today. It is actually the lightest bike in its class.
- Inexpensive. Just like the most of the bikes in this top ten list, the Vilano road bike is also very affordable.
- Ease of use. People who have used the Vilano Fixed Gear Bike Fixie road bike say that it is one of the easiest to use.
- Easy assembly. Assembly will not take too much of your time compared to most bikes today. It can even be put together in just 30 minutes!
- Sharp and neat look. Aside from being made of excellent materials, the Vilano road bike also looks great.
- Durable. The frame is made of hi-ten steel and so you do not worry about it breaking down.
- Not so good brakes. The quality of the brakes is not very good and it could use a little improvement.
Giordano Rapido Single Speed Road Bike
- Alloy side pull breaks
- Kenda tires
- Alloy rims
- Alloy hub
- Steel frame
- Steel fork
Pros of the Giordano Rapido Single SpeedRoad Bike
- Lightweight. The Giordano Rapido single speed road bike is lightweight at only a little over 26 pounds.
- Made for city riding. The Giordano Rapido bike is made especially for people who want to go cycling in the city. There is no need to worry about making adjustments to temperamental controls.
- Durable. The bike is made from handcrafted steel frame and unlike other brands; it is very solid and does not wear out or fall easily.
- Meant for tall riders. The Giordano Rapido single speed road bike is specially made for people who are between 5’8” and 6’1”.
Critical Cycles Fixed Gear Single Speed Fixie Urban Road Bike
- Premium Hand-Built Steel Fixed-Gear Single-Speed Track Frame with Bar-Spin Clearance, Flat Top Tube, No Toe Overlap, and Horizontal Drop Outs
- Super Deep-V Double Wall Rims with Flip-Flop Hub and Freewheel and Fixed-Gear Cogs on Wheelset
- Brand name components such as Neco Headset and Bottom Bracket, Wanda Tires, KMC Chain, Well-Go Pedals, and Pro-Max Brakes, Protek 3-Piece Crank with Lightweight Alloy Chainwheel
- Available in Small (49cm), Medium (53cm), and Large (57cm), and More than 10 Color Combinations
- Includes All the Tools You Need to Build and Maintain Your Own Bicycle
Pros of the Critical Cycles Fixed Gear Single Speed Fixie Urban Road Bike
- Great value for money. The Fixie single speed road bike is inexpensive, yet it has all the things you will ever need for a great run around the neighborhood or the city.
- A great deal. For around $188.03 – $311.81 , you get your money’s worth with this bike.
- Cheap materials. Some people who have bought the bike complained that the brakes, pedals, and seat feel a little cheap. Others have also said that the brake cable just popped without any impact at all.
Vilano Forza 3.0 Aluminum Carbon Shimano Sora Road Bike
- A Strong Lightweight 6061 Aluminum Frame w/ 12k Carbon Fiber Fork
- Shimano STI Shifters
- Shimano Sora
- 24 Speeds to Handle any Situation
- Free Pedals Included
Pros of the Vilano Forza 3.0 Aluminum Carbon Shimano Sora Road Bike
- Great value for the price. Spending so much money on a bike and regretting it, later on, will never be a problem with the Vilano Forza 3.0 Aluminum Carbon Shimano Sora road bike.
- Great bike for starters. Even starters will not have any problems using the Vilano Forza 3.0 Aluminum Carbon Shimano Sora road bike.
- Durable. The bike has a Strong Lightweight 6061 Aluminum Frame w/ 12k Carbon Fiber Fork. It can withstand daily use and abuse.
- More suitable for tall bikers. Although the bike can be used by people of most heights, they are much more suitable for tall people.
Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle
- Men’s commuter road bike with aluminum drop bar frame and Schwinn road fork
- 14-speed Shimano drivetrain with A050 road shifters
- 700c alloy wheels
- Dual pivot road brakes
- Schwinn Quality padded saddle
Pros of the Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle
- Great for beginners. Still trying how to ride the bicycle? This entry-level bike will help you in so many ways.
- Lightweight. The aluminum frame is very light. It makes the bike ideal for short rides and casual commutes in the city.
- Versatile. The 14-speed Shimano drivetrain can get the power you need when you require it.
- Easy to ride. People who have used this fantastic bike say that it has given them a smooth ride.
- Reliable. The name Schwinn has been associated with great products and they are certainly one of the best manufacturers.
- Great design. Anyone who has seen the Schwinn Men’s Prelude Bicycle has said that it looks really nice.
- Poor brakes. This is the only thing which a lot of people complained about. Although not particularly poor, the brakes are not the best.
Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s Road Bike-700c
- Lightweight handcrafted 6061 aluminum frame
- 32 Spoke High Profile Quick Release Alloy Rims
- 1 1/8″ Threadless stem
- 16-speed Shimano STI drive train
- Dual water bottle mounts
Pros of the Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s Road Bike-700c
- Handcrafted. The Giordano Libero road bike is made of handcrafted and lightweight aluminum frame.
- Great design. The bike has a stunning Italian-inspired design which not only gives you great rides but a great style, as well.
- Precision. The 16-speed Shimano STI drive train gives you value for your money.
- Great for beginners. Just starting with biking? This bike is great for a novice cyclist.
- Lightweight. The bike only weighs 26 pounds.
Cons of the Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s Road Bike-700c
- Better suited for men. This stylish bike best suits men.
Retrospec Beta Series Single Speed with Flip Flop Hub
- Classic streamlined fixed gear bike designed for urban road warriors.
- Flip-Flop rear wheel hub allows changing from Single-Speed to Fixed Gear
- Built to Last High-Tensile Tig-Welded Steel Frame Hand Built
- Front and Rear Promax Brakes
- Double Wall Super Deep-V 43mm Wheels
Pros of the Retrospec Beta Series Single Speed Road Bike
- The Retrospec Beta Series is the ideal commuter bike with a hand built steel frame and horizontal dropouts, double wall rims, sealed bottom bracket, and brand name components throughout. Also included is a fixed gear/single-speed bike that mixes speed and sleekness with performance and durability. Riding fixed or single-speed means low maintenance, simple and efficient design, and allows you to connect to the road in a way that other types of bicycles cannot do. All of the bikes come with CST High-Performance tires that will have you riding fast and smooth, and without having to worry about getting a flat on the imperfect pavement!
- Delivered in a hurry. Customers who have bought and used the bike have nothing but good things to say about it. However, a lot of people received Retrospec bikes which were delivered in a haste by vendors. Not really the manufacturers fault at all.
- Caution Sub-par hardware may result in injury!
GMC Denali Pro Road Bike
- 16-speed micro shift drivetrain
- Handcrafted and lightweight 22-inch aluminum frame
- Integrated brake/shift levers
- Dual-pivot brake system
- Alloy crank
- Steel fork
Pros of the GMC Denali Pro Road Bike
- Attention to detail. The GMC Denali Pro road bike is made with as much as attention to detail as the more popular and much bigger Denali LTD.
- Responsive ride. The aluminum frame gives the rider a stiff and responsive ride.
- Ease of use. The integrated brake/shift allows the rider to brake and shift without moving their hands from the handlebar.
- Lightweight. The aluminum frame is substantially much lighter compared to other materials.
- Great for beginners. People who are not yet a pro at cycling said that they did not have any difficulty with the GMS Denali Pro.
- Not durable. Some people who have bought the bike complained that it did not last as long as they thought. However, this all depends on the manner of use and frequency of usage.
So, there you have it – our list of the best road bikes available right now. We hope that this has helped you make a decision on which bike to buy, and we wish you all the best cycling adventures! Thanks for reading. Road Bike Reviews.